Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
If you have a disability and need help with your living expenses, you may be eligible for the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP). ODSP offers:
- financial assistance to help you and your family with essential living expenses;
- benefits, for you and your family, including prescription drugs and vision care; and,
- help finding and keeping a job, and advancing your career.
If you require immediate financial assistance, please contact your local Ontario Works office (you can also still apply for ODSP).
ODSP offers two types of support:
- Income support – Financial assistance provided each month to help with the costs of basic needs, like food, clothing and shelter. Income support also includes benefits, like drug coverage and vision care, for clients and their eligible family members.
- Employment supports – Services and supports to help clients with disabilities find and keep a job, and advance their careers.
More information is available about ODSP on the Ministry’s website