Transition to PassportONE
The Hamilton/Niagara Passport Program has transitioned to PassportONE. This means that all claims reimbursement is now completed by PassportONE. All claims are now submitted on individualized Purchase of Service forms (POS or claims forms) and emailed or faxed directly to PassportONE in Toronto. There is no way to connect directly with the PassportONE office as they are a payment centre only.
The Hamilton/Niagara Passport office remains your point of contact for all questions regarding Passport services. Any updates to your information is sent to our Hamilton office.
We can be reached by:
Contact Hamilton for Children’s and Developmental Services
Attn: Passport Program
4-140 King Street East
Hamilton, ON, L8N 1B2
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CLAIMS REIMBURSEMENT
April 29 2019
It is taking up to several weeks for claims to be paid out to people who receive Passport funding. We want to reassure you that all eligible claims will be paid.
We recognize the challenges that people are experiencing as a result of the delays in claims reimbursement. As the Passport Agency for the Hamilton-Niagara region, we are regularly sharing information about the impacts of the delay with the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and with PassportONE.
Our Passport Agency is receiving well over 100 calls and emails every day from people requesting information about the status of their claims and/or to confirm that their claim has been received by PassportONE. We are doing our very best to respond to all enquiries as quickly as possible. We ask you to be patient with us as we may take several days for us to return all calls and emails given the volume.
We again want to reassure you that all eligible claims will be paid.
If there is a question or missing information about a claim, WE WILL CONTACT YOU to resolve it. We are prioritizing our staff resources so that we can get the claim back to PassportONE for payment as soon as possible.
PassportONE is successfully receiving email and fax submission of claims. It is very important that you do not send in the same claim more than once as it creates a duplicate in the system and this will further delay the processing of the claim.
We would like to reinforce some other important information:
- Please make sure that all claims forms (POS forms) are fully completed, including all dates and signatures of Person Managing Funds and Support Workers, and that all copies of receipts are clear and attached.
- If you need help with completing the POS forms, please visit http://passportfundinghnr.ca/en/passportone-videos/ (choose Invoice Form Walkthrough)
- Please check our website regularly for dates of information sessions that we are hosting in May and June about how to complete POS forms
Our Passport Agency and team are very committed to helping people and their families and support systems as we all continue to make the transition to the PassportONE payment system. We will be providing even more information sessions for people who receive Passport funding over the next year. Please regularly check out our website for important updates and information.
PassportONE Information Videos
Support Worker Information Form:
Need to register a new support worker? Print the Support Worker Information Form here.
Email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure to include your client code if you have one.
Tips for sending in your POS (claims) form:
- Make sure you are using a clean photocopy of your invoice form with each claim
- Do not send a cover sheet with your invoice form
- Do not send any other information but your claim sheets and copies of receipts to PassportONE
- Only send the pages with information on them, do not send blank pages (ie if you don’t use page 3 don’t send it in)
- On the first page of your preprinted claims form it will have the name and code number of the Passport recipient.
- If you need copies of your POS form, please contact us
- There are two sections on Page 1 asking:
Total number of receipts/invoices – this is the total number of receipts not including the claim form pages.
Total amount of receipts/invoices – this is the total value of your claim. (all support worker hours, millage, and other receipts added up). The total amount you are requesting to be reimbursed from PassportONE.
- Make sure your support worker signs page 2 and you print their name clearly at the top of page 2.
- Make sure you use a new page 2 for each support worker.